Re: [Scheme-reports] read-error? and file-error? should be part of their respective packages.

If library writers create alternative api for files and the reader, they
should provide their own error facilities. These 2 procedures are for
the standardized (scheme file) and (scheme read) libraries. I believe
that the WG should reconsider having these procedures in (scheme base)
for facilities that have been manifestly declared optional. It seems
self-evident that the location of these procedures is contrary to the
intent of the design of the R7 report.

Arthur