Re: [Scheme-reports] read-error? and file-error? should be part of their respective packages.

1. My comment has nothing to do with any of the other procedures in the exception handling library. My problem is not with these predicates, but with the library that they are located. Are there any other examples of api in the base library for features that have been manifestly declared optional according to Section 1.3.1?
2. These 2 procedures did not exist in the sixth draft. They are new in the seventh draft. There has been no opportunity for the public to comment on the new api and syntax created between these 2 drafts. As you say yourself, "non-trivial changes now will be unfair to people currently reviewing the draft under the assumption that it is almost final", well how unfair do you believe it is that the public has had no opportunity to have input on these "non-trivial changes". The WG should provide the public at least 1 opportunity to discuss these novel features before they become finalized.

Arthur