Re: [Scheme-reports] fresh empty strings

Aubrey Jaffer scripsit:

> Although not required by the Scheme Reports, an implementation is free
> to make the length of a vector or string settable.

[snip]

> If (eq? (vector) (vector)), then (vector-set-length! (vector) 3) would
> affect all empty vectors, not a good thing.

Quite so, and such an implementation should certainly not make all empty
vectors eq?.

All this adds up to the simple conclusion that testing empty strings,
vectors, and bytevectors with eq? should produce implementation-dependent
results.

--
John Cowan   http://ccil.org/~cowan   cowan@x
'My young friend, if you do not now, immediately and instantly, pull