Re: [Scheme-reports] fresh empty strings

Arthur A. Gleckler scripsit:

> > >   (eq? (list) (list)) => #f
> >
> > Typo or thinko?  Clearly I meant #t here.
> >

> Just to make it faster for us to look up, where in the report do you see
> this?

Every empty list is eq? to every other, for there is only one empty list.

The standard does not say whether all empty strings, empty vectors, or
empty bytevectors are eq? to each other -- it's an implementation choice.
I'm away from my Schemes now, so I can't test them.

--
Real FORTRAN programmers can program FORTRAN    John Cowan
in any language.  --Ed Post                     cowan@x