Re: [Scheme-reports] *TELUS Detected Spam*Re: [r6rs-discuss] returning back to pattern matching

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Alex Shinn <alexshinn@x> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 8:31 AM, Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@x> wrote:

> Insanity. If it will be a portable library that places no burden on
> implementors, then it doesn't even need to be in the standard.

This is for WG2, the "large" standard.  The whole point of WG2
is to provide standard libraries.  If you don't think libraries matter,
free to ignore the WG2 effort and only concern yourself with WG1.

It does not follow that everything which could be a library should be. Libraries should be in the standard when efficient implementation will normally be implementation dependent (so that a standard implementation won't do). In this case, you assured me that there isn't any need for a implementation dependent variation.

> How do you think it will genuinely place no burden on implementors?

Because they can just use the reference implementation.

This is not "no burden".