Re: [Scheme-reports] REPL

Le 2012-11-14 à 4:32 PM, Per Bothner <per@x> a écrit :

> On 11/14/2012 01:01 PM, Marc Feeley wrote:
>> Let me say that I find it contrary to the spririt of Scheme to prevent redefinition and assignment of exported variables.
>
> Let me say that regardless of the "spirit of Scheme", I think disallowing
> redefinition / re-assignment is a Good Thing.  At least as a default:
> It might be reasonable to allow re-assignment for variable that have been
> explicitly declared to allow that, though I don't see a major use case
> for it.

I don't want Scheme to be a police state.  I don't want the spec to force me into (what it thinks is) good software engineering.  I do think it is a good practice *in general* to refrain from changing the bindings that are set in place in another module, but ultimately the programmer should be allowed to decide what is best for his specific use.  Otherwise, lets forbid assignment altogether (as in Haskell & friends), lets forbid eval, call/cc, etc.

Marc