Re: [Scheme-reports] [scheme-reports-wg2] Closing SRFI-112 and voting on it for R7RS-large

Faré scripsit:

> In any case, in my years of tending to build issues
> for the Common Lisp community, I have found that
> all these introspection items from SRFI-112 are purely cosmetic,

This is meant to be a cosmetic API: that is, it is used to provide
useful information in logs and suchlike places.  It's not meant to be
programmatically useful.

> Sounds good, except for the part where a list is used. Lists are so
> 1970s.  Even worse when you cannot expect them not to be side-effected.

Eh.  You aren't going to look at the (features) list throughout the code,
just at startup, when you can cache the things you care about.

> Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
> you do it.
>                 — Gandhi

Nice.

"It is not incumbent upon you to complete the work, but neither are you
at liberty to desist from it."  --R. Tarfon in _Pirkei Avot_

--
John Cowan      cowan@x
        "Not to know The Smiths is not to know K.X.U."  --K.X.U.