Re: [Scheme-reports] 1.3.5 Naming conventions

Andy Wingo scripsit:

> It's said that a predicate is a procedure that returns #t or #f.
> Perhaps it would be better as "an effect-free procedure that returns #t
> or #f".  The report does not contain any effectful predicates, but it
> does set up a vocabulary for schemers to use, and predicates should not
> have visible effects.  As you like, though.

I have added this:  "Predicates are generally understood to be side-effect
free, except that they may raise an exception when passed the wrong type
of argument."

--
Where the wombat has walked,            John Cowan <cowan@x>
it will inevitably walk again.          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan