Re: [Scheme-reports] 1.3.5 Naming conventions

Does "effect-free" preclude raising an exception?  (Wikipedia says so, although I imagine others could legitimately disagree.)  Because (positive? 'a) generally does that.  I suspect the point is not worth pressing.
--John Boyle
Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer. Art is everything else we do. --Knuth