Re: [Scheme-reports] [r6rs-discuss] [scheme-reports] Scheme pattern matching & R*RS

Andre van Tonder scripsit:

> You don't really gain much since you would still need to say something like
>
>   (import (except (rnrs) + - * - /)
>           (flonum-operations))

Yes, that's what I mean by a single point of messiness.  But the alternative
is to use prefixed names at *every* point of call, without even the option
of changing or shortening the prefix.  IMHO that is a worse mess.

> I have already discussed the problem with automatic overriding of imports
> in a prior message.

Yes, I accept that argument now.

--
That you can cover for the plentiful            John Cowan
and often gaping errors, misconstruals,         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan