Re: [Scheme-reports] [r6rs-discuss] [scheme-reports] Scheme pattern matching & R*RS

Andre van Tonder scripsit:

>>> We should not introduce any modules that cannot be directly used
>>> with the base library without qualifying its imports.
>>
>> Whyever not, especially in WG2?
>
> Because it would look messy.

Suppose you are writing a module that uses only flonum arithmetic.
Which is worse, a little bit of messiness in import, or constantly
using fl+, fl-, fl*, fl/, etc. etc. etc.?  Since there is no option for
deprefixing names when they are imported, I'd rather be able to call
addition and subtraction by their normal names.

See http://trac.sacrideo.us/wg/wiki/FlonumsCowan .

--
Even a refrigerator can conform to the XML      John Cowan
Infoset, as long as it has a door sticker       cowan@x