Re: [Scheme-reports] [wg2] in support of single-arity procedural syntax transformers

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Alaric Snell-Pym
<alaric@x> wrote:
> On 05/12/11 17:02, Per Bothner wrote:
>
>> This solution works pretty well in Kawa, which has good column-level
>> diagnostics.  There are some problems: You can't give a precise
>> position to a symbol in the cdr of a dotted pair - but that is a minor
>> problem since Scheme doesn't allow dotted pairs in non-quoted expressions.
>
> O RLY?
>
> Is (lambda (a b c . rest) ...) not legal?
>
> ABS
>
> --
> Alaric Snell-Pym
> http://www.snell-pym.org.uk/alaric/

Lambda is syntax though, so there it does allow special sauce; I
*think* Per meant something along the lines of that Scheme doesn't
allow symbols/numbers/&c. in the cdr of dotted pairs:

; Scheme48
6

Warning: invalid expression [snip]...

That is, at least, what I thought upon reading his post. The is a good
chance that I am wrong.

--
====
Q. How many Prolog programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?