Re: [Scheme-reports] [wg2] in support of single-arity procedural syntax transformers

On 05/12/11 08:38, Alex Shinn wrote:
> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Andy Wingo <wingo@x> wrote:
>>
>> It's probably just wishful thinking, but it would be nice if we used the
>> same arities here, though...  I don't want to be all imperialist and say
>> "hey chickeners!  you must change your thing!", but the single-arity
>> transformers might even be better for yall as well (for source
>> information, for example; though is that a red herring?).
>
> Yes, source info is a red herring - all of the SC and ER
> systems I know retain source info.

I think Andy's opined in the past that using weak maps to do this is
insufficient, requiring explicit syntax objects rather than just sexprs.

Andy, is that a correct interpretation, and if so, can you explain that?

ABS

--
Alaric Snell-Pym
http://www.snell-pym.org.uk/alaric/