Re: [Scheme-reports] practical matters - CSAN

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:16 AM, John Cowan <cowan@x> wrote:
> Alex Shinn scripsit:
>
>> Certainly we want to include SLIB libraries.  I think the
>> most sensible migration path for SLIB would be a separate
>> tool that generates multiple packages and a repository
>> directly from the SLIB distribution.
>
> The problem is that SRFI 96, which is the foundation for SLIB, can't
> be implemented in its entirety in R7RS-small.  In particular, SRFI 96
> includes define-macro.

I was thinking of attempting to translate SLIB libraries
to R7RS modules, which would naturally require some
hackery, and there would probably be libraries we are
unable to support without heavy use of cond-expand
and/or WG2 modules (if we have ER macros in WG2
we can easily implement define-macro).

Another similar tool could attempt to scan the code
in the CMU Scheme repository and automatically
build packages from them.