Re: [Scheme-reports] Draft 3 Comments: Chapter 6

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> It's the environment programs start with.

Ah.  So "program" means "top-level program" in the R6RS sense.
I'm not sure I like that.

> The result is that any program can be cut&paste into
> an interactive REPL and still work, and any interactive
> session can be saved and used as a program, so long
> as it's prefixed with (import (scheme base)).

Yes to the first, no to the second, because the REPL session
may use names bound in the REPL but not imported into the
top-level environment.  This is precisely why I don't want
the top-level environment to be different from the REPL.
If you want a clean environment, write a module.

--
John Cowan                                cowan@x
At times of peril or dubitation,          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan