Re: [Scheme-reports] Draft 3 Comments: Chapter 6

Alex Shinn scripsit:

>   The initial (or "top level") Scheme environment is empty, and
>   bindings must be introduced with import.
>
> which could indeed be worded better - the implication of the
> second clause is that `import' is provided.  The initial
> environment is indeed empty of everything other than `import'.

However, the "initial environment" is *not* the environment in effect
when the REPL starts up.  That includes at least the base and optionally
whatever the implementation wishes to provide.

In fact, I do not know what "initial environment" means at all.

--
What is the sound of Perl?  Is it not the       John Cowan
sound of a [Ww]all that people have stopped     cowan@x