Re: [Scheme-reports] Bytevectors should be called u8vectors

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM, John Cowan <cowan@x> wrote:
> Marc Feeley scripsit:
>
>> I don't think we agree here.  It is confusing to have two names for
>> the same thing.
>
> Somehow we have managed with both `call-with-current-continuation` and
> `call/cc`, though.  The latter name is available in Racket*, Gauche,
> Gambit, Chicken, Bigloo, Guile*, Kawa, SISC, Chibi**, Chez*, Vicare*,
> Larceny*, Ypsilon*, Mosh*, IronScheme*, NexJ, STKlos, KSi, SigScheme,
> TinyScheme, Scheme 7, XLisp, XLisp, Rep, Schemik, Elk, UMB, Oaklisp,
> Llava, SXM, Sizzle, Spark, Inlab, Owl Lisp.  It is not available in MIT,
> Scheme48/scsh, SCM, Shoe, Dream, RScheme, BDC, VX, FemtoLisp, Dfsch.
>
> In reference to precise error reporting, the following
> Schemes that support `call/cc` return different errors from
> `(call-with-current-continuation 32)` and `(call/cc 32)`: Chicken,
> Bigloo, Guile***, Chez, Vicare, Ypsilon***, XLisp, Oaklisp***.
>
> [*] Required by R6RS
> [**] Required by R7RS-small
> [***] Differ only in a hex address for the procedure or opcode

It isn't terribly meaningful to include Chibi in
these comparisons, since Chibi will always
implement R7RS small.

You could distinguish between the core Chibi
language used to bootstrap R7RS, though,
and this does not have `call/cc' (and I voted
against this accordingly).