Re: [Scheme-reports] Bytevectors should be called u8vectors

Marc Feeley scripsit:

> John, given that you have many Scheme implementations installed, can
> you test how many currently support u8vector-ref and how many support
> bytevector-u8-ref ?

Not without considerable pain.  There is no invocation to bring in SRFI
4 that works on even a majority of Schemes, so I would have to look up
the docs for each one, and there are currently 45 of them.  What's more,
it's trivial to implement SRFI 4 on top of R6RS bytevectors or vice versa.
What's more, it's straightforward to support either on top of pure R5RS
vectors, modulo the type predicates.

--
You're a brave man! Go and break through the            John Cowan
lines, and remember while you're out there              cowan@x