Re: [Scheme-reports] [wg2] in support of single-arity procedural syntax transformers

Greets,

On Thu 12 May 2011 13:36, Alaric Snell-Pym <alaric@x> writes:

>> 0:  (+ 37
>> 1:     foo
>> 2:     bar
>> 3:     baz)
>>
> However, that s-expression is five cons cells - each element of the list
> gets its own cons cell, that could carry the source information, rather
> than the actual symbol or number or whatever within.

True.  That doesn't work for toplevel datums though, as in the bug
report I linked to; and it is a pain to propagate in a user-defined
macro.  Weak maps are a hack that serve us well, but they are definitely
a hack, in my book anyway ;-)

As to the rest of your points: I grant them all!

Cheers,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/