Re: [Scheme-reports] Formal Comment: Change syntax of symbols from |<symbol element>*| to #"<string element>*"

>>> The only difference is that \" is permitted within vertical lines:
>>
>> Why?
>
> Simplicity and uniformity.
>
> I have filed ticket #390 to allow \| in strings as well.  That way, there
> can be just one escaping/unescaping procedure for both strings and symbols.

This seems to be an unnecessary change. There can be one procedure for both strings and symbols even if \" is not allowed in symbols and \| not allowed in strings; it just has to take the delimiter as an argument.

Regards,

Alan