Re: [Scheme-reports] Formal Comment: Change syntax of symbols from |<symbol element>*| to #"<string element>*"

Noah Lavine scripsit:

> I'd like to add another option for ways to represent symbols. As far
> as I know, it's standard to write unprintable objects, like
> procedures, with "#<procedure>" or something similar. How about using
> the "#< ... >" syntax for symbols? It would probably look something
> like #<symbol "......">.

I think there's a pretty strong convention that #<...> is for
non-rereadable objects (it explicitly signals an error in the default
Common Lisp readtable), whereas the whole point of |...| and friends is
to make the symbol rereadable.

--
John Cowan    cowan@x    http://ccil.org/~cowan
If a traveler were informed that such a man [as Lord John Russell] was