Re: [Scheme-reports] Formal Comment: Change syntax of symbols from |<symbol element>*| to #"<string element>*"

I understand that most implementations use the pipe syntax since that
was what Common Lisp standardized in the 90's. The consequences for
standardizing this syntax is a permanent increase in the complexity of
the reader and permanently breaking ideas like SCSH in the future.
However, using this new syntax will still allow implementations to
continue supporting their current implementation as a deprecated syntax.

Arthur