Re: [r6rs-discuss] [Scheme-reports] redefining eqv?

On Wed, 2010-12-22 at 20:48 -0500, John Cowan wrote:
> Peter Kourzanov scripsit:
>
> > That's because the definition of open() (typically a macro)
>
> I don't know any Posix or Posix-like system on which open() is a macro.

Just do $man _syscall on Linux (imagine open i.s.o. sysinfo in the
example there).

Its not a macro a user is supposed to know about.
We're talking about what libc is using internally, which is typically
just kernel's ABI (boils down to register setup and soft interrupt).

Even after prohibition, nothing prevents a user or a library
implementor from issuing exact same sequence of low-level
operations to effectuate a syscall like open().

I hope POSIX does not specify that this should be prohibited?

And maybe we should do something like that for Scheme ;-)