Re: [Scheme-reports] Reformulated numeric-tower ballot

Alaric Snell-Pym scripsit:

> I suspect that a "common consensus" on the set of SRFIs that makes a
> "practical implementation" will emerge organically, and predicting that
> set to mandate it now will be difficult :-)

I think the bar should and and will be low to add a SRFI (or R6RS
section) as an optional library.  To add it as a mandatory library,
one that the user can always count on having, will be more difficult,
but I still expect a fair number of them.

The most difficult thing will be the extensions to library declarations,
because they don't even make sense in non R7RS-systems and can't be
implemented in portable R7RS-small.  I have a tentative proposal at
<http://trac.sacrideo.us/wg/wiki/LibraryDeclarationsCowan> but I'm going
to be slow to bring it to a vote.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan@x
Being understandable rather than obscurantist poses certain