Re: [Scheme-reports] Reformulated numeric-tower ballot

On 05/14/2014 08:17 PM, John Cowan wrote:
> WG1 thanks you, Alex thanks you, and I thank you.

Even more thanks in return!

>  I see Kawa is getting
> close to R7RS-small; is there a list somewhere of things not yet implemented?

Not quite.  I have list of r7rs sections I believe are completely implemented.
This includes conditionals, record type definitions, pairs and lists, strings,
vectors, bytevectord, input and output.  System interface and exceptions are
"close enough".

The big missing piece is libraries.  import and export are fully implemented
(including rename) as top-level forms.  However, the define-library form is missing.
I also need to (re-) think how <library name> translates to class name - and
to a source file name, which relates to search paths.  I.e. the basic functionality
is there, but there are number of "pragmatics" issues to resolve.

I'm currently focusing on re-writing the calling convention when calling an unknown
function or doing a tail-call.  (Calling a known function without general tail-call
elimination basically compiles to a method call.)  One of the goals is to support
pattern-matching.  Once this is "in harbor" (to use a Norwegian idiom) my plan
is to focus on libraries and the rest of r7rs support.
--
	--Per Bothner
per@x   http://per.bothner.com/