Re: [Scheme-reports] Bitwise operations on bytes

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> We did strongly consider incorporating bitwise operations as in (srfi
> 33) / (rnrs arithmetic bitwise), and decided to leave it to the large
> language.  There was no question of it being controversial or of
> limited use, it's simply one place we decided to draw the line between
> large and small.

What would be very helpful is to develop a document showing the
similarities and differences between SRFI 33 and (rnrs arithmetic
bitwise), particularly highlighting any inconsistencies.  This would be
valuable input for WG2.

--
John Cowan    cowan@x    http://ccil.org/~cowan
Half the lies they tell about me are true.