Re: [Scheme-reports] Formal Comment: (exit #t) should be the same as (exit)

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM, John Cowan <cowan@x> wrote:
Stefan Edwards scripsit:

> "For any value that does not map to an operating system acceptable
> exit value, and is not a boolean, it is the recommendation of this
> report to treat it as a true conditional, for purposes of creating an
> exit value."

But that would be almost the reverse of the programmer's likely intent.
Whether it's (exit "bad arguments") on Windows or (exit 1) on Plan 9,
the intention of a random argument is almost certainly failure rather
than success, because as I said there is only one kind of success and
many kinds of failure.  So if anything uninterpretable arguments should
be mapped to #f.

I could agree to that as well; I thought about mapping it to #f initially, but went with #t to stick to 6.3, but this sounds
acceptable to me as well.

--
One Word to write them all,             John Cowan <cowan@x>
 One Access to find them,              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan

--
====
Q. How many Prolog programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?