Re: [Scheme-reports] Bitwise operations on bytes

> We did strongly consider incorporating bitwise operations
> as in (srfi 33) / (rnrs arithmetic bitwise), and decided to
> leave it to the large language.  There was no question of it
> being controversial or of limited use, it's simply one place
> we decided to draw the line between large and small.

I'm sure you did consider those libraries. However, they specify bitwise operations on integers of somewhat uncertain range, which opens a can of worms. Operations on bytes (exact integers in the range 0 to 255) are much easier to specify and are all you need for many useful operations on byte vectors.

That is my specific question: did you consider including bitwise operation on bytes only?

Regards,

Alan