Re: [Scheme-reports] REPL

Marc Feeley scripsit:

> Let me say that I find it contrary to the spririt of Scheme to prevent
> redefinition and assignment of exported variables.  It is something
> Schemers do all the time.

Please note that R7RS, unlike R6RS, does not outright forbid redefinition
of imported (as opposed to exported) variables; it simply excludes such
actions from the purview of the standard.

> I find this design choice unacceptable and a show stopper for me.

I hope the above relieves your concerns, which I wish you had mentioned
sooner.

--
Where the wombat has walked,            John Cowan <cowan@x>
it will inevitably walk again.          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan