Re: [Scheme-reports] Formal Comment: Change syntax of symbols from |<symbol element>*| to #"<string element>*"

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Andrew Robbins <andjrob@x> wrote:
> I would like to second that remark (by Arthur Smyles). My rationale follows.
>
> While (vertical bar) might be compatible with a great number of Scheme
> implementations, namely Racket and Chibi, it is in my opinion an
> anachronism from Lisp.

Actually, that was only added recently to Chibi, and only
because the WG had voted to add it in.  There have been
other objections, and so it is up for review in the current
ballot.  If not made mandatory I will remove it from Chibi.