[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Scheme-reports] 6.2 numbers
- To: Andy Wingo <wingo@x>
- Subject: Re: [Scheme-reports] 6.2 numbers
- From: John Cowan <cowan@x>
- Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 17:12:02 -0400
- Cc: scheme-reports <scheme-reports@x>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <20110520012211.GF26499@mercury.ccil.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andy Wingo scripsit:
> This is for printing values, not for representing values. You would
> use it as part of an floating-point printing routine.
Ah, sorry: I misread number->string as string->number.
> Guile will probably implement multi-precision floats within the next
> year or two. As you probably saw GCC just added a dependency on mpfr,
> so as to get compile-time constant folding done right. I wouldn't
> count multi-precision floats out yet.
Well, perhaps it's good that we left the exponent markers in, then.
Verbogeny is one of the pleasurettes John Cowan <cowan@x>
of a creatific thinkerizer. http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
--Peter da Silva
Scheme-reports mailing list