Re: [Scheme-reports] 5.1 programs

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> There are some very uncommon semantics such as those supported by SCM,
> where syntax can retroactively modify preceding definitions, which are
> technically allowed in R5RS.  We need very strong motivation to break
> backwards compatibility with R5RS (though this may be such a case).

Except for SCM, all the REPL semantics are in fact the same: references
to variables aren't inlined, syntax forms are inlined (so they must be
defined before use and redefinition is not retroactive).

We have a ticket for REPL semantics already.

--
John Cowan                                   cowan@x
        "You need a change: try Canada"  "You need a change: try China"