Re: [Scheme-reports] Seeking review of sets and hash tables proposals

John Cowan <cowan@x> writes:

> Alaric Snell-Pym scripsit:
>
>> 1) Hashing objects not supported usefully by the usual hash function,
>> such as things implemented as closures.
>
> Good luck with that.  Unless you have magic (and non-portable) ways of
> dissecting closures, of course.

One can extract information about a closure by applying it.  The most
obvious example would be an object with getter and setter messages,
implemented by a closure; although whether anyone would actually do that
nowadays, since we have records, is beyond me.

Taylan