Re: [Scheme-reports] Seeking review of sets and hash tables proposals

On 05/19/2013 10:29 PM, John Cowan wrote:
> The first is on sets, bags, integer sets, and enumeration
> sets.  The current editor's draft is in SRFI format at
> <http://ccil.org/~cowan/temp/srfi-sets.html>.  Send feedback to either
> list or directly to me.

I think some of these feature need more justification.
Especially bags.  Are they useful enough to put in the
standard library?  Obviously they're occasionally useful,
but in those cases it's worth noting that a bag of T is just
a minor optimization of a map (hash-table) from T to integers.

I note that Java includes an extensible set of "collections
classes" - but no Bag class that I can find.  That suggests
demand is pretty low.
--
	--Per Bothner
per@x   http://per.bothner.com/