Re: [Scheme-reports] ANN: first draft of R7RS small language available

On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 21:20 +0100, Alaric Snell-Pym wrote:
> On 05/04/11 09:36, Andrzej wrote:
>
> > Personally, I think this should be addressed in R7RS, either by
> > explicitly informing about limits of the specification (illustrated
> > with an example like yours) or (better) by fixing this potentially
> > erroneous behavior by removing 'else' and '=>' syntax.

> We've heard a lot of reasons why each possible solution is wrong.
> Clearly, we have a tough decision to make.

Offhand, the only solution I've heard which preserves cleanliness
and operates properly under hygienic renaming is to remove the non-
head syntax forms completely. For an ideal lisp emphasizing clean
design this is the clear "one right answer".

This does however mean that quasiquote, unquote, and unquote-splicing,
as well as 'else' and '=>', are design errors that have not yet been
corrected.

				Bear