Re: [Scheme-reports] What are regions of toplevel imports?

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 8:40 AM, Andre van Tonder <andre@x> wrote:
> At the toplevel, what is the initial environment, and
> what are the regions of imported bindings of (A) and (B) in
> 1) REPL programs, and 2) compiled programs?
>
>     (begin c1 ...)
>     (import (A))
>     (begin c2 ...)
>     (import (B))
>     (begin c3 ...))

There's already a ticket for this.

The initial environment of the repl is unspecified,
reflecting the reality that the repls of different
implementations differ greatly.  We may want to
say that it must contain at least (scheme base).

My suggestion is that the initial environment
of programs be empty, and all import forms
be constrained to only occur before non-import
forms.