Re: [Scheme-reports] ANN: first draft of R7RS small language available

2011/4/16 Alex Shinn <alexshinn@x>:
> Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message.
>
> The first draft of the R7RS small language standard is now
> available at:
>
> http://trac.sacrideo.us/wg/attachment/wiki/WikiStart/r7rs-draft-1.pdf

Congratulations for releasing this! I have some comments/questions:

- p44. eval and their friends should be "eval module procedures" as
stated as p58.
- p57. How do we implement "=>" exported from (scheme base) module ?
 "=>" itself is not a syntax or a procedure (i think).
- p57. Ditto for "import." And i think this should be in (scheme load)
module to make
 possible the implementation without dynamic module loading.
- p57. "nil" is undefined in the report. (define nil '()) ?
- p57. Why both (scheme base) and (scheme io) has "newline" ?
- p58. Why both (scheme base) and (scheme write) has "display" ?
- p59. "current-posix-second" is undefined in the report. Is this
"current-second" ?
- In this version of the report, equal? mandated to terminate in finite time.
Source expansion/evaluation is same for? For example:

  #0=(define a . #0#)

should be treated as a syntax error? or R7RS allows implementation can
took infinite time for expand this
form?

It's same for module form?

 (module #0=(blah . #0#) (include "some.scm"))

I think these has no actual use-case, so i think these should be
leaved as undefined.