Re: [Scheme-reports] *TELUS Detected Spam*Re: [r6rs-discuss] returning back to pattern matching

Vincent Manis scripsit:

> I would be pretty strongly against including any GUI support in Scheme,
> even if there were anyone to propose it. The kind of projects I envision
> use a terminal interface, the kind of thing you'd find in a CS1 class
> sometime in 1975.
>
> I want to try to identify a WG1 configuration of things you'd need for
> an introductory programming course. That may not match the most minimal
> Scheme system, the one with only integers and very few builtins (hey,
> I remember using PDP-8 Lisp), but it's a useful base for people who want
> to learn Scheme. That's one of the (but not the only) goal(s) of WG1.

I was cutting my teeth on a PDP-8 in 1974-75, my last year of high school,
though I didn't get into PDP-8 Lisp until a year or so later.

If you are interested in numeric towers, I have proposed
what I think is a coherent set of proposed towers at
http://trac.sacrideo.us/wg/wiki/NumericTower .  Review would be
appreciated, as WG1 will be taking up the question.

--
John Cowan   cowan@x    http://ccil.org/~cowan
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths