Re: [Scheme-reports] Padding/placeholders (hashes) in numerical syntax

Peter Bex scripsit:

> I've also added a mode in which it accepts fractional numbers being
> parsed into flonums, like the version of SCM which I have (a horribly
> outdated version 5e3) seems to do.  Chicken without the "numbers" egg
> does this as well.

Doing so is legitimated by the last paragraph of 6.2.1:

        Rational operations such as + should always produce exact
        results when given exact arguments.  If the operation is unable
        to produce an exact result, then it may either report the
        violation of an implementation restriction or it may silently
        coerce its result to an inexact value.

I'll retest with the Schemes whose implementers we haven't heard from
in a few days, after changes to the test have settled down.

--
John Cowan              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan      cowan@x
Would your name perchance be surname Puppet, given name Sock?