Re: [Scheme-reports] ANN: first draft of R7RS small language available

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 3:51 AM, Aaron W. Hsu <arcfide@x> wrote:

> Why should it not affect the expansion of `quasiquote'? If you are using
> the R6RS language of Racket, then rebinding unquote is required to alter
> the behavior of `quasiquote'.

May l assume this is just an implementation detail of plt-scheme and
that the exact behavior is left unspecified in R6RS/R7RS?

Thanks everyone for all the useful information. I've already changed
my implementation so that ELSE and => in COND can be rebound .

The questions regarding QUASIQUOTE and QUOTE were simply a result of
extrapolating the same reasoning to other constructs and, frankly
speaking, I'm still a bit confused about it. However, if the consensus
is that the macro hygiene is not a concern (or is not affected) here
I'm perfectly OK with that.

Thanks,

Andrzej