Re: [Scheme-reports] R7RS - questions concerning variable definitions and binding constructs

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 4:27 PM, ノートン ジョーセフ ウェイ ン <norton@x
> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have a few questions regarding variable definitions of section 5.3 and
> binding constructs of section 4.2.2
>
> 1) There is no explicit mention of mixing defines and define-values in the
> same body.  How is this handled by different Scheme implementations in
> practice?

This has been brought up before.  define-values is a derived expression
expanding into a sequence of defines.

2) There is no mention of letrec-values (or letrec*-values) as a derived
> expression.  Is there a reason why this has been left out of the
> specification?

There is no mention of these in R6RS either.  I don't think
anyone considered them useful enough to even propose
for the small language.