Re: [Scheme-reports] Are generated toplevel definitions secret?

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for replying, it reminded me that I had a brain wave.  Re-adding
the list.

To recap:

   (define-syntax define-const
     (syntax-rules ()
       ((_ name val)
        (define t val)
        (define-syntax name (syntax-rules () ((_) t))))))

Guile currently does not make the generated toplevel definition "t" have
a fresh name.  It would be nice if it could but it can't be a really
random name -- it needs to be predicatable.

Well why not have the name of "t" be "t" plus some string which depends
only on the incoming form -- like its hash value.  (Or the outgoing
form; the considerations are different but similar.)

That way you do preserve the "compatible recompilation" aspect, trading
off true secrecy, but hey.  Oh well.

I leave the rest of your fine and interesting mail for list folk to
peruse.

Cheers,

Andy

--