Re: [Scheme-reports] fresh empty strings

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> It has insertion, replacement and deletion operations.
> These return new objects, but that doesn't have to be
> any less efficient than an explicitly mutable API.

I already made that point: immutable string APIs are sufficient.  But if
you *want* a truly imperative, not functional, string API, then a buffer
gap is your friend.

--
Mos Eisley spaceport.  You will never           John Cowan
see a more wretched hive of scum and            cowan@x