Re: [Scheme-reports] programs and cond-expand

On 10/23/2013 1:41 PM, John Cowan wrote:
> Michael Montague scripsit:
>
>> As far as I can tell, there is no way in a program to use cond-expand to
>> control what libraries get imported.
> That appears to be correct.  I consider that an oversight on the WG's part.
> Chibi actually supports this, and I would urge you to support it too.

I will support it too.

>> I discovered this as I was writing a driver program for a bunch of tests
>> that I wrote for my implementation (Foment:
> I'm glad to hear about this!  I downloaded and built it with VC++ 2010.
> I note that even on my Win64 system it is a Win32 program, or at least
> claims to be.

It is a win32 program; I have not tried to add win64 support yet.

>> I wanted to have one version that used Foment specific procedures and
>> another portable version so that I can share the tests.
> Hiding the problem behind a stub library is probably the best work-around.
>
> I would recommend that you grab the (chibi test) library and rewrite
> your tests using it.  It's quite portable, and I intend to propose it
> for the large language.

I looked at (chibi test) when I started writing tests, but I did not see
a way to test for syntax violations. For example, I wanted to have test
that (lambda (x x) x) raises an exception. If (chibi test) can do that,
I would happily switch to using it.