Re: [r6rs-discuss] [Scheme-reports] Unclear word in license grant

Joe Marshall scripsit:

> Why are you so eager to find an interpretation of the text that
> prohibits the very distribution you claim you want to do?

That I understand.  Given the enormous penalties for copyright violation
(up to $150,000), if there is a restriction that can be read into the
text, and there is someone who stands to benefit (not us, we're too nice,
but possibly our heirs will not be) -- well, nobody wants to go there.
But that doesn't mean a single sentence can be interpreted out of context,
any more than the phrase "changing it is not allowed" can be clipped
out of the GPL and read to mean that the GPL forbids making changes
to software.

--
John Cowan    http://ccil.org/~cowan    cowan@x
[T]here is a Darwinian explanation for the refusal to accept Darwin.