Re: [Scheme-reports] Formal Comment: Change syntax of symbols from |<symbol element>*| to #"<string element>*"

On Mon 09 Apr 2012 02:35, Peter Bex <Peter.Bex@x> writes:

> On Sun, Apr 08, 2012 at 06:32:21PM -0500, Alan Watson wrote:
>> * Dropping hex escapes in symbols outside of the vertical-bar
>> syntax. (Specifically, eliminate <inline hex escape> from the
>> <initial> rule.)
>>
>> * Extending the vertical bar syntax so that it is identical to the
>> string syntax, except that the delimiter is the vertical bar rather
>> than double quotation and the \| escape replaces the \" escape.
>
> +1.  Please implement it exactly like that in the spec.

Sounds sensible to me.  FWIW, Guile currently enables R6RS hex escapes
within bare symbols, but not within strings, because of
back-compatibility concerns.  Perhaps these are unimportant, though.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/