Re: [Scheme-reports] WG1 Scheme as a language for CS1

If you'd like to see threads in WG1, it would be nice to provide us with
some kind of rock-bottom-minimum API; SRFI 18 is huge, and it's far from
clear to me that mutexes and condition variables are even the right
abstraction (some kind of CSP would appeal to me much more, but that's
just me).

I also prefer CSP when writing programs, but it makes sense to include the most fundamental mechanisms, e.g. at least mutexes and condition variables.  As Jeronimo points out, they are the primitives out of which higher-level abstractions like CSP can be implemented.