Re: [Scheme-reports] current-posix-second is a disastrous mistake

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:59 AM, John Cowan <cowan@x> wrote:

> I have added a second return value to TimeCowan's current-posix-seconds
> which is 0 if this is definitely not a leap second, 1 if it is definitely
> a leap second, and #f if the implementation doesn't know.  Does that
> make you sufficiently happy?

No, it makes me profoundly unhappy, but at least it's
a viable solution.

I think providing `current-tai-seconds' is all around a much
simpler solution.  Then we can have

  (define (tai->posix-seconds tai-secs)
    (- tai-secs (binary-search-range vector-of-leap-seconds))

where the first element of vector-of-leap-seconds is -inf.0.