Re: [Scheme-reports] current-posix-second is a disastrous mistake

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> And that code is more important than the code that assumed 1s = 1s?

>From what I understand, the committee's belief was that such cases are
less common.

> You have breakage either way.

Of course.

> But even if their solution somehow didn't break any existing code,
> this is a case where the cure is worse than the disease.  The most
> important thing is representation - to unambiguously represent any
> datetime (within some granularity <= 1s, within some range).  POSIX
> monotonic time gives us no way to do this.  For me to consider a
> WG1 time proposal seriously it would need to provide a way to
> work around this.

I have added a second return value to TimeCowan's current-posix-seconds
which is 0 if this is definitely not a leap second, 1 if it is definitely
a leap second, and #f if the implementation doesn't know.  Does that
make you sufficiently happy?

--
John Cowan    http://ccil.org/~cowan  cowan@x
The Penguin shall hunt and devour all that is crufty, gnarly and