Re: [Scheme-reports] library at file level (was: Ratification vote for R7RS Small)

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 1:16 AM, Per Bothner <per@x> wrote:

> BTW Kawa supports mutually dependent modules/libraries, which
> neither R6RS nor R7RS support, though in practice it seems
> very desirable  It does add some complication, of course,
> and some semantic issues - but I think they're not inherently
> worse than mutually dependent definitions in a single top-level.
> (Though if you start worrying about phasing ...  My solution
> is to not worry about phasing.)

This is simply incoherent. If macros can be defined by procedures,
then mutually recursive libraries each of which export macros cannot
be sensibly expanded.  What does your system do in this case?

As to phasing, phasing is a solution to a problem. Not worrying about
it does not obviate the need to solve the problem.  Even Common Lisp
provides `eval-when` and similar for addressing these issues.  What
does Kawa do?

Sam